We offer you a modern education and training opportunity at the Department of International Trade and Business within the Faculty of Commerce. With innovative and dynamic programs, our Faculty is one of the oldest faculties of Yeditepe University, a reputable university with more than 20 years of research, education and training experience.
Yeditepe University as a Leading University
• One of Turkey's first Foundation Universities with over 20 years of experience in education, research and training.
• Undergraduate study opportunities in 64-degree programs at 13 Faculties and 1 School of Applied Sciences,
• 86 Master's and 41 Doctoral Programs with a wide range of graduate opportunities,
• Located in a safe and green neighborhood close to the city center, with large dormitory buildings, student clubs, social activities and facilities that improve students’ quality of life. In this way, students benefit from a dynamic campus life as well as the opportunity to participate in the art and cultural activities of Istanbul.
An Advanced and Innovative Faculty: Faculty of Commerce
Our faculty is a pioneer in undergraduate degree programs in many fields.It continues to education activities with a total of 9 departments.
There is widespread cooperation and integration between our departments. We offer our students the opportunity to do double-major or minor programs in various fields.
Department of International Trade and Business
International Trade and Business is a rapidly developing multidisciplinary field of research in the present Global Age. Through the lenses of economics and management science, our field aims to understand and analyze the concept of economic globalization, the increase in complex relations among countries through international trade and capital movements happening in the last four decades. Technological development is the driving force behind economic globalization. On the one hand new financial techniques and instruments create a global banking and financial system. On the other, novel forms of production and business organization lead to a more integrated world economy. So much so that a small change in the interest rate in the United States due to domestic policies can affect global financial markets. Similarly, a tax imposed by the U.S. on a commodity imported from another country (such as China) can have impacts on many other countries (such as European or South East Asian Countries) due to complex international connections.
Globalization creates an opportunity for Turkey, a developing country, to become a major player in this increasingly integrated economy. The main factor for Turkey’s success in this era of globalization will be the development of a well-trained work force. A strong human capital will enable Turkey to correctly determine its long- and short-term goals, and constantly renew itself with respect to changing conditions.
The International Trade and Business Department of Yeditepe University is committed to educate the leading executive candidates for national and international companies, equipped with the knowledge and critical-thinking skills to understand and analyze the present complex economic and social order. We educate our students to embrace national and universal values, to be life-long learners and to contribute to their society. With the skills they develop in our department, our graduates will be able to take full advantage of the opportunities presented by the world of academia and business.
The main features of our program can be listed as follows:
• A program that is renewed periodically in line with national and international developments.
• An experienced Academic Staff. The department has a total of 9 full-time faculty members, comprising 5 professors, 2 associate professors and 2 assistant professors. In addition, we have 3 professors, 2 associate professors and 1 assistant professor from other departments and 6 part-time faculty members who teach at our department, adding up to more than 20 faculty members in total.
• We offer our students an Education and Batcheler of Arts Program in accordance with the Bologna System.
• Students are required to learn a Second Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish, Russian, or Chinese) besides English.
• Students can plan their education path according to their interests with the help of Departmental Elective and Free Elective Courses.
• There is a wide range of Double Major and Minor Programs.
• We offer the opportunity to study in Europe and with European Students who come to our department as a part of the Erasmus Program.
• Our Finance Laboratory enables our students to develop their financial analysis skills by providing them with real-time market and company data.
• With two compulsory internships, students gain experience in business life and get a head start in the job search.
• We assure a close cooperation between students and faculty members by consulting service.
• We promote the opportunity to participate in social activities in around 40 Student Clubs around the University as well as International Trade, Finance and Logistics Clubs of our faculty.
WHO SHOULD CHOOSE OUR DEPARTMENT?
Undergraduate education is a four-year process. But the entire human life is actually an educational process. Therefore, those who, in the future, are willing to be equipped with modern knowledge, know the values of their own country but are open to universal values, have made constant self- improvement and being beneficial to the environment in which they live the principle of their life should prefer our department.
More specifically, every and each young people who want to see themselves in managerial positions in national or international companies operating in almost every sector, especially foreign trade, finance, banking, logistics, automotive and services sectors should favor the department of International Trade and Business.
This department offers a wide range of job opportunities. But your priority is the aforementioned main goal. When you earn the above qualifications, the job will be just a tool for you.
We are proud of our department graduates. Our graduates are currently working in almost every sector or continuing their graduate education in Turkey or abroad. In the last two years, we have had students accepted to graduate programs at several universities in the USA, UK, France, Italy, Germany, and Greece. We have graduates who have found jobs immediately after graduation in foreign trade, banking-finance, logistics, automotive, durable consumption and retail sales. We have many graduates who have transferred to the European branches of international companies after gaining experience in Turkey. I should emphasize that obtaining such prestigious positions is closely related to the education and self-improvement skills students receive at our institution.
We look forward to meeting candidate students at the Yeditepe University Visiting Days to be held between July 18th – 29th.
Professor Dr. Turan Yay
Head of Department of International Trade and Business