Undergraduate Degree: BA in Economics (in English), Marmara University, Istanbul. 1991
Graduate Degree: MBA in Finance, SUNY, Binghamton, New York. 1995
Doctoral Degree: Ph.D. in Finance, Minor: Econometrics and Quantitative Methods, GWU, Washington, D.C.. 2004
International Markets, M&A, Financing and Investment Decisions.
Yeditepe University, School of Commerce Faculty (2007- )
- Member of School of Commerce Council, University Quality Commission (2017-2020), Univeristy Sub-Comission On the Research & Development System (2018-2020) School of Commerce Quality Reports moderator (2017-2019), International Finance Quality Committee (2016- ), International Finance Department Coordinator for Moodle/Web/Erasmus, International Finance Learning Assurance Committee, Finance Lab Set-up
- International Business and Trade Department, Vice Head (2013-2016)
- International Finance Department Head (2020 - )
SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica/Rome New York, Tenure-Track Assistant Prof. of Finance (2004-2008)
- School of Business Study Abroad Program Director
- School of Business Committee Memberships: AACSB Learning Assurance, Databases, Sedona, Trading Room, Faculty Search, Reasearch
- University Committee Memberships: Central Placement Advisory, Small Business Center Faculty Advisory List, Long Distance Education Advisory
- Course Content Reviewer for SUNY Canton
George Washington University, Washington, DC, Research Assistant in Finance (1997-2002)
State University of New York at Buffalo, New York, Research Assistant in Managerial Economics (1996-1997)
State University of New York at Binghamton, New York
- Research Assistant in Finance and intern, International Center for Emerging Markets (1995)
- Teaching Assistant in Finance (1994-1995)
- Advisor, School of Business Undergraduate and Graduate Advising Office (1994)
Çakıcı Goup, Kocaeli
- General Advisor to Board (2000-2008)
- Financial Manager (Istanbul) (1995-1996)
- Deputy Financial Manager (Istanbul) (1992-1993)
- Part-time Operation Staff Member rotating through Accounting, Sales and Marketing and Purchasing (Istanbul) (1987-1990)
Esbank Eskisehir Bank, Istanbul, Management Trainee/Junior Specialist, Specialist, Operations, Foreign Trade (1991-1992)
Graduate Courses Taught
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, Seminar in Financial Economics, Seminar in Financial Econometrics, Seminar in Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing, Graduation Project, Master Thesis, Docoral Dissertation, Financial Management Problems, Seminar in Accounting and Finance.
- Yalçın, H. & Dube, S. (2020). "Analysis of Market Timing Ability of Fund Managers under Changing market Conditions", Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting.
- Yalçın, H. & Dube, S. (2020). "Analysis of Market Timing Ability of Fund Managers under Changing market Conditions", (kabul edildi)Gelisim-UWE 4th International Conference on Economics and Finance, April 23, 2020.
- Ünal, M. & Dube, S. (2017). "Trade-off between Operating & Financial Leverage and Interaction with Market Risk", Dokuz Eylul Universitesi Iktisadi ve Idari Bilimler Dergisi, 32(1).
- Aytekin, S. & Dube, S. (2016)."Piyasalararası Dinamikler:Hisse Senedi, Tahvil,Döviz ve Emtia Piyasaları Arasındaki Etkileşim ve Nedensellik İlişkileri”, ESOSDER,15(39).
- Yilmaz, T. & Dube, S. (July, 2016), “A Global Feasible Market Factor for Covariance Estimation along with Dynamic Asset Allocation”,XXIV Finance Forum, Spain.
- Dube, S., Dube, M. & Turan, A. (Nov., 2015). "Information technology in Turkey: Creating high-skill jobs along with more unemployed highly-educated workers?" Telecommunications Policy 39(10), pp 811-829.
- Yalcin, H. & Dube, S. (March, 2015). “Evaluation of Market Timing Ability for REITs in Turkey”, Proceedings of the LODEF 2015 Congress.
- Yilmaz,T. & Dube,S.(2014).“Asset Allocation&Stock Selection:Evidence from Static & Dynamic Strategies in Turkish Markets” İktisat İşletme & Finans Dergisi,29(344).
- Dube, M., and Dube, S. (2013). "Criticality of Robustness Checks for Complex Simulations and Modeling", Information, 16(11), pp 7917 - 7940.
- Eren,D. & Dube, S.(2012)."Dynamic Relationships between Macroeconomic Indicators and Non-Performing Loans..." Middle Eastern Fin. & Econ.,18, 148-161.
- Yılmaz, T. & Dube, S. (2012). “Asset Allocation and Stock Selection: Evidence from Turkish Markets”, FMA International, European Conference, Istanbul.
- Langdon W. L., Dube, S. & Mazumder, I. (2010). “The Use of Industrial Characteristics in the Prediction of Long Term Industrial Bond Performance”. Proceedings of the Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., Case Study and Teaching Note: "If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them?" 2010, Ivey Publishing/ Harvard Business Review.
- Dube, S., Glascock, J. & Romero, R. (2008). “Does It Pay for Acquirers to Be Friendly?” Corporate Ownership and Control, 5 (2), 327-342.
- McLain, D. & Dube, S. (2007). “The Transition from Traditional to Modern Management in Turkey”. EUROO, 1-16.
- Jensen, A. & Dube, S. (2007).”Trickle-Down Effect of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on a Privately-Held Seasonal Textile Manufacturer”. J. of Business Case Studies, 3(4).
- Dube, S., Francis-Gladney, L., Romero, R., & Langdon, W. (2007).”Merger Motives for U.S. Utility Acquirers.. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 5(5).
- Dube, S., Glascock, J. , & Klock, M. (2007).”Is Hostility Wasteful? Evidence of the Economic Costs of Hostility From the Measurement of Long-Term, Post-Acquisition Acquirer Performance”. J. of Business and Securities Law, 7 (1-2).
- Torabzadeh, K. & Dube, S. (2007).”Motives for Partial Acquisitions: Evidence from the Effects of CEO Change on the Partially Acquired U.S. Target Firms”. COO, 4(4).
- Dube, S. & Glascock, J. (2006).”Effects of the Method of Payment and the Mode of Acquisition on Performance and Risk Metrics”. IJMF, 2(3), 176-195.
- Torabzadeh, K. & Dube, S. (2006). ”Valuation Effects of Partial Acquisitions”. Meeting of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada , Banff, Canada.
- Dube, S. and Dube, M. (2017). "Basics First”, Iff Books, U.K.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M. (forthcoming). "Importance of Interdepartmental Control & Potential Pitfalls",Case Study for Chapter 20,C.Wankel, Ed., Palgrave Macmillan.
- IS IT Green. Project No 2013 1 IT1 LEO05 03999, European Union, Researcher, 02/03/2015 - 30/09/2015
- Globalization and International Business, Turkish Perspective, Project Director, State University of New York Central System, Albany, New York, 28/08/2005 - 29/09/2006
- Attained reserve status by satisfying all requirements for acceptance: EU KA2 Project Application - Financial Lessons for Owners, Entrepreneurs and Successors.
- SUNY Learning Network Development Certificate, New York, 2004
- International Trade, Istanbul University Institute of Business Economics, Graduate Certificate, 1993
- Systematic Instructional Design, SUNY Albany, New York, Graduate Course, 2005
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Internationalization, SUNY Central for all Campuses, International Programs Office, U.S.A., 2005
- Emerald Literati Network Award for Excellence (Outstanding Paper), UK, 2007
- 15th CEEMAN Emerald Case Writing Competition, 2nd runner-up, Slovenia, 2009
- Rectorate Certificate of Performance, Yeditepe University, 2014, 2019
- President Letter of Appreciation, SUNY Institute of Technology, New York, 2006
- SUNY Institute of Technology School of Business Research Fund, New York, 2006, 2008
- 1997-2002 Doctoral Fellowship and Full Funding, George Washington University, Washington DC
- 1996-1997 Full Funding, SUNY-Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- 1994-1995 Full Funding, SUNY-Binghamton, New York