Undergraduate: B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. 1993
Graduate: MS in Mechanical Engineering, specializing in Engineering Design, State University of New York, Binghamton. 1996
Doctoral: Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, with a minor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson (Ph.D. Coursework and Qualifiers: CALCE, University of Maryland). 2004
Primarily development and validation of unified material models incorporating thermomechanical and degradation behavior, especially with a view towards enhancing the reliability of electronic systems; and by extension, issues related to computer modeling for complex systems as well as the broader impact of information technology which in turn can affect education and research.
- Assistant Prof., Management Information Systems, Faculty of Commerce, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey (2008- )
- Project Manager at Yeditepe for the “IS IT GREEN” EU-LLP Project, as part of consortium of various European organizations (2013 – 2015).
- Attained reserve status by satisfying all requirements for acceptance: EU KA2 Project Application - Financial Lessons for Owners, Entrepreneurs and Successors.
- Technical Consultant, Cakici Group, Gebze, Kocaeli (2002-2008)
- Company reorganization, aiding company projects as needed
- Research Assistant, The University of ArizonaTucson, AZ (Fall 1998 – Spring 2002)
- Accelerated testing of leaded and unleaded solders, including image acquisition and analysis (Sponsor: National Science Foundation, Boeing). Additionally, Teaching Assistant for Constitutive Modeling of Engineering Materials in Spring 2000.
- Teaching Assistant, The University of ArizonaTucson, AZ (Spring 2000)
- Course: Constitutive Modeling of Engineering Materials.
- Curricular Practical Training, University of Arizona,Tucson, AZ (Nov. 1998 – May 2002)
- Consultant/ Subcontractor for material modeling and Finite Element well bore stability analysis. Codes for parameters, simulation (Sponsor: ExxonMobil)
- Research Assistant, University of Maryland, College Park, MD (Fall 1996 – Fall 1998)
- Condition‑based monitoring of electronics systems (Sponsor: UK MoD), Failure analysis of Liquid Crystal Displays (Sponsor: Smith Aerospace), Qualification of on-board commercial LCD display unit for military applications (Sponsor: Air Force), Popcorning of PEMs.
- Technical Assistant, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY (Summer 1996)
- Finite Element analysis of traffic‑signaling system for OSHA certification (NY State Strategic Partnership for Industrial Resurgence, NY/ Galleaux, Inc)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY (Spring 1996)
- Design Engineer, J.H. Robotics Inc. / Technical Assistant, SUNY-Binghamton, NY (July 1995 – Dec 1995)
- Determination of loads and Finite Element analysis of base frame for an automated bearing assembly system designed for Timken based on a GE-FANUC robot (NY State Strategic Partnership for Ind. Resurgence, NY /J.H. Robotics).
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY (Fall 1993 – Fall 1995)
- Courses: Kinematics and Dynamics, Solid Mech., Fluid Mech., Computer Aided Eng., Engineering Economics and Project Management.
- Engineer, ESSAR STEEL, Gujarat, INDIA (Aug 1992 – July 1993)
- For Hot Strip Mill Dept., reported directly to VP for expediting critical activities during plant construction, serving as department interface for civil contractors, mechanical equipment suppliers and project consultants from various countries.
- Intern, Maruti (Suzuki) Ltd. Gurgaon, INDIA (Summer 1991)
- Worked on identification, prioritization and resolution of problems from Field Test Reports for the Quality Assurance Dept
Graduate Courses Taught
Technical Foundations of Business Information Systems, Networking and Web Applications in Information Systems, Thesis, Advanced Computational Finance.
- Arslan, D. and Dube, M., “Do Economic and Demographic Factors Affect Cybercrime?” 4th International Social Sciences and Innovation Congress, ISARC, Ankara, 21-22 February, 2022.
- Geyik, B. and Dube, M., “Online Marketplaces and the Efficacy of Neuromarketing Techniques”, 4th International Social Sciences and Innovation Congress, ISARC, Ankara, 21-22 February, 2022.
- Dube, M. and Dube, S., "SomPack: Succession Planning gone Wrong", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 2021, DOI: 10.1108/EEMCS-06-2019-0172.
- Aydın, S., and Dube, M. Knowledge Management, Innovation and Competitive Advantage: Is the Relationship in the Eye of the Beholder? Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 16(3), July 2018, pp 402-413.
- Dube, S., Dube, M. & Turan, A. "Information technology in Turkey: Creating high-skill jobs along with more unemployed highly-educated workers?" Telecommunications Policy 39(10), November 2015, pp 811-829.
- Dube, M., and Dube, S., "Criticality of Robustness Checks for Complex Simulations and Modeling", Information - An International Interdisciplinary Journal, v. 16 no. 11, November 2013, pp 7917 - 7940.
- Dube, M., and Kundu, T., "Closure to "Discussion of 'Yield Function for Solder Elastoviscoplastic Modeling'"" (5 pages), ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, v133 no. 4, December, 2011.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., Case Study and Teaching Note: "If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them?" 2010, Ivey Publishing/ Harvard Business Review.
- Dube, M., and Kundu, T., "Yield Function for Elastoviscoplastic Solder Modeling", ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, v. 127 no. 2, June 2005, pp. 147- 156.
- Desai, C., Wang, Z., and Dube, M., "New Thermomechanical Device and Testing Towards Modeling of Joining Materials", Proceedings of IPAC'01, Kauai, Hawaii, July 8 - 13, 2001.
- Pecht, M., Dube, M., Natishan. M., (CALCE) and Williams, R. Banner, I. Knowles (UK-MoD), "Evaluation of Built-in Test", IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronics Systems, vol. 37, no 1, Jan. 2001, pp. 266 - 271.
- Dishongh, T.J., Dube, M., Pecht. M., and Wyler, J., "Failure Analysis of Liquid Crystal Displays Due to Indium Tin Oxide Breakdown", ASME, Vol. 121, June 1999
- Williams, R., Banner, J., Knowles, I., (UK-MoD) and Dube, M., Natishan, M., Pecht, M., (CALCE) "An Investigation of 'Cannot Duplicate' Failures", Qual. Reliab. Engng. Intl, no. 14, 1998, pp. 331 - 337.
- Dube, M., Dishongh, T.J., Beatty, K., and Pecht, M., " Rapid In-Situ Temperature Measurements of PQFPs During Infrared Reflow", Circuit World, 1998.
- Dube, M., "Implications of Cannot Duplicate", MFPT Conference, Virginia Beach, VA, March 30 - April 13, 1998.
- Natishan, M., and Dube, M., "Health Monitoring of Electronics Systems", Proc. Predictive Technology Symp, Alexandria, VA, Nov 6-7, 1997.
- Dube, M., and Sahay, C., "Uniform Entry Flow for Low Reynolds Numbers", ASME Winter Annual Conference and Exposition, Atlanta GA, Nov. 17 - 22, 1996.
- Dube, S. and Dube, M., Basics First: Let money buy happiness and a central store that provides for all, Iff Books, September 2017.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M. (forthcoming), "Importance of Interdepartmental Control and Potential Pitfalls", Case Study for Chapter 20, Performance Management of Contemporary Management, Charles Wankel, Ed., Palgrave Macmillan.
- University of Arizona, C++ Certificate
- University of Arizona, Laser Safety Certificate
- 2nd runner-up, 2009 Emerald-CEEMAN annual case competition
- Tuition Scholarships at University of Arizona, University of Maryland and State University of New York at Binghamton
- Gold Medal in National Standard Exam in Physics at Std. XII
- Overall top 1%, as well as top 1% in Science and in English at Std. X, with All India Rank 113, satisfying the merit criterion for National Merit-cum-Means scholarship.